Thursday, May 10, 2012

Freedom

Today I read something that clearly made me glad to live in America. People were having a discussion about gay rights. After reading all the posts, I thought to myself we would not be able to have these discussions in most countries. I think most of us take this for grant, I know I have. It amazes me that I could say something nasty about the president (I would not do that) and that is ok because I live in America. In some countries they do not have this freedom. I can't even wrap my head around it. Along with the freedom is equal rights. I don't care who you are what you believe but we should all be equal and have the same rights. I am not saying I agree with certain beliefs but I am saying who are we to tell someone they don't have equal rights. I pray my children will grow up in a world where people do not judge, they love one another truly and the rights we have today to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment